Sunday, April 13, 2014

I Love General Conference

Good morning!

This week was filled with inspiration and lots of good things. We saw general conference on Saturday and Sunday and it was so great! Spiritually preparing really makes a difference and being able to receive answers to my thoughts and prayers. Before conference I wrote down some questions and that really helped me focus on finding answers and recognizing answers while I was listening. Good experience. I especially enjoyed the Saturday session talks. They really spoke to me and I also enjoyed the yellow flowers:) yellow is my favorite color and it’s a bright song of light and hope. At the beginning of the session I liked what President Monson said, We are a temple building and a temple attending people. I also liked Jeffrey R Holland’s talk about defending our faith. In high school, people would talk about Mormons and lightly make fun of what we believe and too often I would let those comments slide and ignore and move on from the subject. How I wish I could stand up and defend my faith. Not in a way that would start an argument, but a way that would show that I am proud of who I am and what I believe and not let people talk in a making fun type of way. "yes it is worth it!!" Like elder Nelson said, "show your faith BRIGHTLY". As Quentin L. Cook gave his talk on family history, I thought back to previous conferences and how they talked a lot about missionary work. This conference they talked a lot about love and family and family history. The work is being hastened!! We cannot forget our family!!! We are a temple attending people!! In the Sunday session, there was a comment made saying that the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. I don’t want to let my harvest of corn die off, do you?? How horrible to see that there is a beautiful field, ready to be harvested and no one is there to do the work. All throughout conference, I heard numerous speakers use the word EMPATHY. I love this word. Looking it up in the dictionary is my favorite past time :) We will never regret being too nice, smiling too much, or keeping the commandments. It’s impossible! I love General Conference. It has given me a spiritual boost and I plan to reflect on these words throughout my mission so I may be able to learn and grow and follow what the Lord has instructed his leaders to teach us so we may be a better people.

Our investigator came to general conference! Miracle! We have been praying for her to come for a long time. And another miracle, a lady popped into the church building to see if she could learn English but came during general conference time and watched it with us. She became our new investigator!!:) Miracles small and big all around :) we went hiking last week.  It was super pretty, and today we are going to play soccer again! SUPER excited. I love you and pray for you always.


Sister Wright


 recent convert in her super expensive hiking gear with the zone leader!




message card! temples all around!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment