Sunday, April 20, 2014

Melon Milk is Great!!!
This week has been sort of challenging. I’ve gotten myself stuck in a rut! I feel so insecure about my language abilities. I was doing really well! until.... mega stress kicked in. ahhh it is killing me! I know that being a missionary isn’t about how well I speak the language.... but speaking the language is a big part of being a Korean speaking missionary. It made me question why I was called to speak this language. Then I realized that this language does not define who I am as a representative of the Lord. That’s when the saying “actions speak louder than words" really applies to me. If I can’t speak, (which is probably one of the hardest struggles, not being able to express myself through words) then I can act. I can smile, I can serve, I can work hard, and through my actions I can show who I really am. It was so hard for me during college application/college acceptance time when everyone was getting into the colleges they wanted, getting the grades they studied for. I felt like I studied but didn’t get the grades.  Like then I feel like the same thing is happening to me again. I’m studying, but not getting the results I want. I see others progressing so quickly and I compare myself to others which is a dangerous act! But then I realize, the gift of learning a language is not something I’ve received, but it is something I can strive to work on, and look and develop the other strengths I have received. And in the end, I will be happy with the results. Happier than I would if I had just been given freely the things that I want. The Lord isn’t spoiling me because he knows what would happen to me if He did spoil me! It must be really bad! hahaha I know my Heavenly Father loves me and will strengthen me through my trials. I am happy because I know that I can overcome the world, just like Christ did. john16:33.
Happy Easter :)

p.s. I am happy, it just seems like every time I email, I get emotional... I love you!!!!

Sister Wright


a man gave us free snacks!



No comments:

Post a Comment