Sunday, September 21, 2014

Hellloo,
We had some fun experiences this week. Temple was Thursday and that was very nice to relax, and feel peace. We held a fun youth activity to get the youth out to seminary which started before the activity and afterwards, we played ping pong and white board golf and ate snacks that we found in the huge food market in our area. We went into the backstreets and found all the vendors that sell everything for cheap. I felt like I was back in LA with you mom! We got big bags of buttered popcorn and candy and everything you could imagine for cheap! I’m growing up! Ha-ha well at the activity, we got some of the youth there and it was fun. The seminary teacher stayed and made things fun for them as well. It was a hit! Then we taught the same girl that came to seminary (a recent convert form a part member family) a lesson about the commandments. We taught with her comfortably on the floor, (which seems perfectly normal because in Korea we always sit on the ground) and shared with her the PMG and taught some lessons out of it directly from the PMG. She got to see what we use and learn what we learn when we study from it. It made things feel normal, comfortable and real. She wants to serve a mission just like her mom and we are preparing her. It’s not a weird missionary-member relationship. We are friends and we help each other. I love this work. Last night a sister called me for some advice on an experience that I went through myself. She was saying that in lessons she would just draw blanks and wouldn’t know what to say, and just let the other companion teach because we'd have nothing to say. That was a hard moment, but now that I look back on it, I realize, it is the same thing that many people go through. It’s like writers block, or when an artist has no idea of what to create next and they’re in a funk, drawing a blank. I related to the sister all that I had done to get out of the funk, but really it takes time patience, and effort. I didn’t give up because I knew I couldn’t and kept pushing and over time I overcame the challenge. And after that challenge, we become better than before!

Those are a few of my experiences this week!

Love

Sister Wright







No comments:

Post a Comment