Sunday, December 14, 2014

She has me sing, I make her play soccer

Sister I just met
We had another music night this Saturday! It was a lot more stress than last one, especially because we invited the whole ward because there’s no more Christmas party, so this was the closest thing to it. One of our musical numbers cancelled, and the program was mostly just us
(The missionaries) singing...  It was not ideal. But it seemed to work out in the end and members and English class members and investigators came. We watched the Christmas Mormon message to start, and then member who is paralyzed played the clarinet and bore testimony which was precious and wonderful. the elders sang o come all ye faithful (watching them practice for it was very humorous... they aren’t the best singers.. and they wanted to add in an akaraena? number on the third verse that they just learned how to play 1 day before... ha-ha they’re out of control!) We watched the bible nativity video to end it. The whole day I was a bit anxious, with the planning, people cancelling, refreshments, decorations, technology for videos, juggling our appointments, and most of all, singing well! (we ate a loaf of bread for dinner that we bought at a local store... I’ve learned that as a singer, you can’t drink milk or anything with dairy beforehand... no chocolate!!)
Not to mention I had to conduct the meeting... I prayed all throughout the day in order to feel peace and comfort.  The time of the event, my prayers were answered and I wasn’t as stressed or anxious. Sister Moyer is great and performs well and because I’ve had no experiences like this, it freaks me out! But I testify that Heavenly Father answers prayers, especially when we do all that we can. I felt assured and calm in the end.  It was a good time, and the bishop asked us to perform again in church the next morning... stress! Ha-ha day before notice I’ve realized is not good! We practiced all morning on Sunday and sang a cappella. Right now with Sister Moyer, my singing weaknesses are becoming strengthened and I’m not a nervous wreck as I’ve been in the past... like singing “Dear to the Heart of the Sheppard” in front of the mission president!! We also got asked to sing to people with dementia next week! It’s the singing season for me and sister Moyer! No worries though, Sister Moyer has me sing and I make her play soccer with me with the pastors (missionaries vs. pastors this morning... we lost againㅠㅠ). We played in the snow!!

On a more spiritual note, I’ve thought deeply about how I can come closer to Christ this season, and understand Him a little more. I’ve decided, so to speak, to "walk with Christ" this week and act and direct all my actions in a way that Christ is with me 24/7. I know that as I do this, I will be more reverent, be more in tune with the spirit, and do things the Lord Himself would do. Have a happy Christmas!!! Love you!!

Sister Wright

Temple this week!! A sister I just met!

No comments:

Post a Comment