Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fun Fact, we ate blood soup. Not my favorite

my new comp! see my soccer shoes??;)
Transfers!! Well to be honest, leaving this area was one of the hardest moves!! You can ask Sister Moyer, everything made me cry ha-ha. We cried on the street, at home, everywhere. I love all the members and the people we teach and have fellowshipped so much. And the night before I left, we met with a new investigator that was exposed to the gospel in America. She felt the spirit in the home she stayed in, she was set a good example by the parents, and was introduced to the gospel. She said that those moments were very special because she really felt to Love of God in that home and by the family members she lived with. She said she did scripture study and prayer with the family, went to seminary on Wednesdays, went to church and met with the missionaries. She came back to Korea, found us and we contacted her and met! She has so graciously and happily accepted the date of January 25 to be baptized! She is amazing. She asked the question, "What do I have to do to be baptized?" I am so grateful for that family in America that introduced the gospel to a foreign girl, who didn’t know perfect English, but shared the gospel in their own home. The Kim sisters plan to be baptized on that date as well, along with 2 of the elder’s investigators. Miracles are happening. 

So these events made it very difficult for me to leave, but I can only be soooo happy for them and their step towards their Heavenly Father. I love them so much. My new area is different and there is a different feel. It’s a huge area and lots of members to work with which is great! It’s still a bit fresh right now so I’ll let you know of this area next week!

Fun fact, we ate blood soup with a recently baptized new member! She looks like she is 12 and so adorable; she is going to be a Mary Kay consultant.  She’s 20 and super cute and going to BYU Hawaii next fall! The blood tasted like fluffy liver and is in a broth. Fluffy cloud clumps of blood. Interesting, not my favorite. 

We had 2 investigators come to church and they are so cute, we ate some lunch at their house with their mom who is a devout catholic. They all know the book of Mormon is true but the mom doesn’t want to change her ways... so that’s a struggle. We ate flower roots and soup with them. :) 

Starting my New Year in a different area is definitely a time to think about what I can improve on and excel more than I did last year!!! I’m excited to serve!! 

Sorry this week has been a roller coaster, but I just wanted to bare my testimony that I know that if we want to recognize the spirit more, Heavenly Father will help us. As I’ve started off my new year, I’ve prayed more fervently, sought more spiritual opportunities, and listened with my heart. Heavenly Father knows our desires and if we are sincere and calmly listening and seeking those opportunities, not trying too hard, we will be blessed. I don’t like being in those situations where people say they felt the spirit so strongly and I didn’t feel anything. That is a disappointment to myself because that means I wasn’t listening, trying to seek those opportunities or doing my part. I have felt the spirit more and more as I’ve changed myself and it has been so worth it. I know these things are true!

Sister Wright

the 4 man house sisters!!

sister jung who is getting baptized!

Our house

Our house

Lunch with Elders

screen golfing with the elders!




No comments:

Post a Comment