Sunday, January 4, 2015

It’s very bittersweet

Happy New Year!! It’s wild to think that I spent my whole 2014 in Korea! I love it, and I got to spend Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year with Sister Moyer! It’s been a blast and we were busy the whole two transfers singing, teaching, planning ward activities and spiritual music nights and serving our investigators. Well, we got transfer calls Sunday morning and... I got the news that I will be leaving this area and go to my 4th area right next to 산본 (Sanbon)!  It’s very bittersweet because I’ve been here for half a year and connected with the people so well over here, but I have to go and serve the Lord in another area where he needs me. I cried a bit, especially over all the people we have been teaching and how I won’t be able to see them. One of them in English said over the phone "I love you" in the most heart breaking way!! I can’t handle this "leaving" business!!! But now I will be able to be close to those that I love as well in my last area that are about ready to be baptized. I have three more months and I made a New Year’s Resolution to be the best that I can be. I will be serving in 안양(Anyang) in Kyonkido area with sister Nebeker. She is from America as well. I’m excited and ready to shine in my new area!

We sang for Alzheimer’s patients and made snowflakes together! They’re so cute!

We got cancelled on a lot this week so we had a great English advertizing activity where we did a survey of which part of English is most difficult: vocab, pronunciation, grammar, conversation. Its super fun and we got a lot of people to put stickers on and we gave them candy and a flyer and got a lot of people to teach. We did it in the subway but got kicked out... so we did it right outside of the subway entrance. Good times in Incheon and I’m glad to have spent it well! There are some pictures of my favorite family in the ward. The ward mission leader and his crazy family! I think I will miss him the most out of the ward. He helped us so much and in return, we made him American brownies!! (His favorite and what he made for people when he was on the mission). He is a great example to me of enjoying the work and be happy while serving and make it fun!


Love sister Wright












No comments:

Post a Comment