Monday, September 16, 2013

I can read in Korean now!

Hi papa! 
I’m learning a lot in the MTC. It’s workin me hard with the early mornings, nonstop learning and activities, and late night meetings and finally getting to bed at 10:30, but it is good for me and I’m learning a lot. I can read in Korean now!  The alphabet is a big help in this Asian language. I enjoy learning it though, its a challenge i want to conquer! There are Korean sisters that will come next week. That will be really cool and they will help us tremendously. They’re from Korea and will be serving in Korea, but they’ll come here for a week or 2 and learn here in the MTC and they will also be able to help us with the language. I hear they are AMAZING! Tell Remy is say hi and that I love him and miss his huge hugs!! My companion is great and we get along! You’d be proud, my room is spick and span... haha and I ate oatmeal yesterday! I hope things are going well back home! I am learning a lot and I am grateful for going to mission prep and to institute because those prepared me a lot for what I was heading into. I still miss Brother Andres and Brother Greiners teachings. They are probably the best teachers I’ve ever had. The day I went into the MTC one of the hosts told us that there was about 1,400 missionaries already there and the day I came in there were about 500 missionaries that just came in, but we don’t know how many had left. So that’s pretty crazy. I hope I can be a successful missionary even though I feel discouraged sometimes and feel like so many are way better than me, but I just have to keep telling myself that i am different in other ways and everybody has different strengths and weaknesses. I don’t want to get caught up in being a robot and saying the same lesson over and over to different people, I want to be able to get to know people and love them for who they are and share my message that they can be happy, not shove the gospel down their throats. It’s hard trying to find out my way of teaching but I am still learning and it’s only my full real 2nd say here so I know i can learn so much while being here. I wrote mom an email so you can read that as well. Have Remy email me and I will respond back to him next Friday! I want to hear from him. :) Loveeeees! 

Sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment