Friday, September 27, 2013

I was a nervous wreck

Hello! thank you for the letters and the emails and the packages! I got the cookies!  They were very good and I shared them with everyone! They enjoy the packages I get! I shared the KIT KATS as well and everyone thanks you for them!  
I’m really loving my district, we all get along and everyone brings such a great spirit to our class.  We have really good discussions and the spirit is strong. Me and my companion are really working together and working hard to meet our goals. This morning we had service at 6 o’clock and we scrub toilets every service project on p-day. We are never in the mood to clean bathrooms that early in the morning... but we get better at it each week so it’s not too bad anymore, we are learning to love it! hahahaha. 

We will be singing in the RS broadcast tomorrow!  We leave for salt lake at around 12 and get there around 1 and are there all day and then get back to the mtc around 9.  I will be wearing like a muted Kelly green.. collared shirt I borrowed I from a person who lent it out for the mtc girls to wear. we have to wear jewel tones and that was a struggle for me to find a shirt because I didn't want to have to buy an 18 dollar one from the bookstore!  Anyways I found one and look for me in the broadcast! the music is really touching. I hope all the girls who watch it really feel the spirit and really concentrate on the words that we sing and from those who are speaking.  

I feel this week has really been one of the best. I feel good being here and I love the spiritual messages we have, and I am definitely learning a lot. I know that it’s not all me. I know the Lord is helping me learn this language because there is no possible way I could be doing it on my own. We taught our investigator yesterday and we went in there with just Korean words, an outline in English of what we were going to focus on and Korean sentence structures. Before we went in we were scared and I was a nervous wreck because I DID NOT WANT TO FAIL, especially because our lessons prior were not good at all. We said a prayer and after that we knew we just had to go for it. We went in and we still didn't know a lot of what he was saying but we knew enough and I was able to try and answer his questions and I bore my testimony to him and he knew what I was saying!  I really felt at peace and so happy. That really changed me a lot and I know not every discussion will be perfect, I just have to try my very best and work hard. That is all Heavenly Father wants from us. I can see myself changing and I am so happy. I just want to share with everyone how I feel and what i know to be true and just help people! I am humbled to know that my Father in Heaven has helped me throughout my whole life. I cannot do this work alone. We wouldn't be able to do missionary work without Him.  I hope as we realize that it’s not just missionaries doing missionary work, it’s everyone. We are to do the Lords work which is to bring eternal life to man. I took it lightly before I went on the mission, but now I’m getting the bigger picture. I feel that we can make such a big difference by sharing our light with the world. It’s easier said than done, but we just can’t take it lightly anymore!  The prophet is the mouthpiece of the Lord and He is telling us to feed His sheep! Be the child that says I WILL. I love this gospel and i am really happy being here right now.  There is no better place i can be. I want everyone to serve a mission. If there are doubts, put them away and go! I have learned so much here and I am going to be learning throughout my whole life so it doesn't matter if you think you don’t know enough! You know enough! I love you and can’t wait to actually be out in Korea. Be an everyday Mormon, not just a Sunday Mormon.

There are about 2-3000 missionaries in the Provo mtc right now, there are 75,000 missionaries all over the world, and at the end of the year they estimate there will be over 90,000 missionaries!  What an amazing thing that is going on in the world. I love you and can’t wait to hear from you soon!












No comments:

Post a Comment