Sunday, June 15, 2014

dessert:bingsu
I would just like to say I love this ward! The members in this area are so loving and willing to help and welcome new people that come to church. We have been blessed this and last month with having our friends come to church! It has been a blessing and really shows that through our faith that miracles can happen! I have faith that Heavenly Father sees the hard work and desires of our heart to bless us with such wonderful things. This Sunday, our investigator came to church and while I sat with her during sacrament, I asked her if she remembers what we taught her about sacrament. We talked for a little bit and she suddenly said “because I know you want to share with me about Christ, I know I have to listen intently to what you say". I was completely shocked when she said this because recently when
 we taught her, she said she has no desire to really be part of this church, she believes in the same values and enjoys us and has no prejudices against us, she just doesn’t have faith in Jesus Christ. But this week she has totally changed! She has been praying to overcome her simple challenges she’s trying to overcome and she is happier. I see her faith shining, even if she doesn’t notice it herself. She is amazing! A really cool thing our bishop did was came up to her and took her with us to his office and talked to her about her needs, concerns, her faith. It was really cool, we were kind of skeptical with what he was going to talk to her about but we realized he just wanted to get to know her and make her feel welcome. Our bishop is somewhat soft spoken and doesn’t have much to say but in his office, he is a miracle man and I could sense the pure energy and spirit he had. It was a really amazing experience. She is planning to move to California and we are planning to meet up when i return from the mission! She is a genuine person and is like our mom here. She is representing Korean hospitality while we are here because we are guests of her country. This experience with her really shows how making relationships with people in these areas is so important and how we are not done with our mission when we return home. I will already have so many opportunities to help others come to Christ when I return home, and our investigator is planning on going to church together when we meet up again! She is so amazing. I love her!

On the other side of things..
my companion almost got run over by a car... I was trying to yell out but only weird noises were coming out of my throat... embarrassing and scary and being hit by cars is very common in Korea.. Ha-ha anyways, the grandma in our ward is slightly crazy and makes me sit by her at church. Ha-ha she’s so funny and cute and makes random funny comments in church that I wish I could fully understand!! Korean fact, everyone carries around Asian fans with them because it’s so hot! It is very convenient. It’s the paper folded out fans and other traditional fans. They also have sun umbrellas. I wish I had one, but my fan will do!!


It was a really good week; I wish I could share more!!


Love Sister Wright


quesidilla!

message cards with magnets and put them on less actives doors!


No comments:

Post a Comment