Sunday, June 1, 2014

It kind of reminded me of Alice in wonderland

This week during my personal study, I read in alma 7:19 and it says "I perceive that ye are making his paths straight." I thought this was an interesting concept, something I hadn’t really thought about too in depth. But it reminded me of a quote saying something along the lines of" I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" we are the ones making the path, His path. It is his path but we are in charge of where and how it’s going because we have that agency that He provided for us. We are the ones making it straight or turning in other directions. It kind of reminded me of Alice in wonderland... anyways, interesting thought.


Anyways, this week, Elder Cook came to Korea with his wife and spoke to us!  Super cool and fun to have him here. He talked to us about how the younger missionaries can’t rely on experience and knowledge as much as the older missionaries, but more on relying on revelation and inspiration. I have experienced that in this work here because I am not as experienced or all knowing, but being blessed to learn how to rely on that revelation has helped me feel confident in this work. He also said that you succeed when you invite, even if they reject. This is something all of us can learn and try to put into practice. Whether it is just asking them to say hi to the missionaries the next time they see them. He also talked about the most important thing we need to accomplish in this work is love. Love for the people, not making fun of silly things, not questioning culture or anything like that.  Loving your companion. Learn form them as much as you can. Build each other up and help others see them in a good light. Next, love your mission president and how we will learn from them what we need to know that can affect us the rest of our lives.   And love the Lord. We need to recognize that it’s the savior’s message. I loved the conference! He made me feel so comfortable in doing what we need to do:)

Korea is great. We attract people who like to sing Christmas songs to us; the grandmas and grandpas make us do jazzercise with them for our morning workout.  Investigators are great and progressing. My companion and I tried sewing a makeshift hem on my slip. It was embarrassing and a disgrace... ha-ha. It’s hot, I sweat a lot.  The elders tried saving a cat out of a tree. They did it ha-ha but he got infected because it bit one of them... they’re fine now. I’m going to Costco today!!!  Happy pday! I’m going to go eat a hot dog and chicken bake!

Love Sister Wright

Members like to braid my hair!  At church at hair places and at cafes...ha-ha





No comments:

Post a Comment