Sunday, October 19, 2014

The taste never left our mouths that day

This new transfer has felt like the MTC all over again. Long days but short weeks! Time is going by fast! Sister Holdaway and I parted and I received Sister Moyer! She is from Mesa Arizona and loves to sing and can play guitar! So we have already planned some great finding activities (singing in subway stations and in parks) singing proselyting. It will be fun! The first night Sister Moyer came we had a lesson. I bet it was a bit shocking to her but she did a great job and has some expectations of what it’s going to be like in the field. She almost gave out a Book of Mormon on the subway! She has a great desire to do the Work of the Lord and I am very grateful for her contributions to this work.

 We went through the area's traditional food market and talked to all my favorite people! And we ate 3 oysters at a ladies seafood shop! She just said we could take and eat them, actually she was very adamant about it. So we did... the taste never left our mouths that day.

We met a lady on my companion’s first night and Sister Moyer, even though she had no idea how to talk to her, shared so much love and smiles with this lady, I truly believe that was the reason why she called  2 days later! She wanted to call the 2 smiling happy missionaries! We met with her and ate crab soup with her friends and were able to share a message with them. It was great and established our relationship with them. They invited us over every Friday! 



We were studying the How to Begin Teaching in PMG and it talks about how the first meeting is one of the most important. It builds trust. It’s the meeting that makes or breaks the relationship. And in this case, it made it! I’m grateful for all that I’m learning and all that I can teach my new companion. Training is probably the most crucial part of missionary work. It puts a lot of pressure on me, but I know that I’m not doing it alone. I am happy. I am happy I am a missionary and I’m happy that I can share the love of God to those who are seeking it. Even those who don’t accept our message, I hope they remember those 2 smiling missionaries and how happy they were.
Love you!


Sister Wright




Sister Holdaway on her last day before she moved.  "At her finest"

No comments:

Post a Comment