Sunday, October 26, 2014

I don’t know how they expect me to teach English to these brilliant people over here.

Wow well this week went by super fast! We have been keeping busy with different finding activities and meeting with potential investigators and keeping on top of training and studies! First off, I don’t know how they expect me to teach English to these brilliant people over here. Our 14 year old investigator is sooo smart. Her English sentences she has us proofread is filled with me asking her what the vocabulary she used means! Ha-ha it’s pretty funny. She’s so cute. Her name is Iryn. 

We had an interesting/amazing Saturday. We taught a member (20yrs) a lesson to help her strengthen her testimony and she wants to do the English program with us. So we helped her with English and then share a message. She is growing in testimony, but we showed her the Because of Him message which brings the spirit so strong, but afterwards, she sort of shut off. It was sad because every time I watch that video I’m left with chills and am in pure awe. She didn’t have much reaction to it and we were left a bit confused. I could tell she wasn’t in tune with the spirit as she watched it. Later that night we taught the word of wisdom to the Kim sisters. Sister Moyer led the discussion (props to her! she’s in her first week!) and shared about keeping our bodies healthy.  It was a little bit challenging for the older sister to commit because she likes coffee, but she willingly accepted and said she would. At the end of the message, we asked if they had any questions. She asked about a sentence in the word of wisdom pamphlet saying “as we live the word of wisdom we will learn how to recognize promptings of the spirit" we have talked to them a lot about being able to feel the spirit, and from their question, it shows how much of a desire they have to feel this. We talked and explained it and then, we got the thought to show the because of him video. After we showed them the video, we asked how they felt, and they responded with “that was amazing". We asked, do you feel a special feeling in your heart, and they said yes! and we explained that that is the spirit speaking to us. Their faces were changed; we could see that their spiritual knowledge was growing!!! It was an amazing experience. We taught them again the next day, and taught fasting in order to feel the spirit and receive stronger answers to our prayers. We taught and committed them to fast with us next week. I could see in the older sister’s face that this was an even more challenging commitment than the day before. She was struggling within herself to see if she would do it. It was a special and personal moment to see her pause in silence for a little bit and say... "Ok, I will ". These little moments are so spiritual. Seeing her fight with Satan and trust in God! This is why I’m here! to find those who are ready to say "YES, I WILL, OK, I CAN, I WILL TRY, I WILL DO." I love these girls they make me so happy. I am grateful for my companion who asks everyone she comes in contact with if they are happy. Are we happy?? If not, maybe there needs to be some reevaluating to do! I know I can reevaluate some things that I need to work on to be happier everyday! I can serve people more!!! Everyone! Help the grandmas and grandpas pick up trash on the street, not ignore people who might look a bit on the scary side, be nice to the people who hurt our feelings! I love this work and I know it is the work of the Lord. I love being able to take part in Christ's sufferings, to come a little closer with Him. It is because if Him I can do this! We are all called to serve :)

Sister Wright 

This week we went busking!!! Crazy right? Sang in the subways, and shared a message with people who stopped to hear. And handed out flyers of what we are doing here in Korea that we made! We might sign up to do a concert on a stage in the subway we live by.


Went to the temple!


The district






Look what I found! BYU!!!

practiced face painting on the lovely sis. Holdaway

No comments:

Post a Comment