Friday, October 11, 2013

Holy cow I have been learning a ton

Hello!!!! 
Today is officially the second month mark!  It’s crazy to think I’ve been here for a month!  It only feels like it’s been a week! There is so much studying going on and busy schedules, but work is getting done. I am learning a lot about myself. I realize that I cannot do anything without the strength of the Lord and the power of the Holy Ghost. I fail when I get upset or angry at myself and I really start to struggle. My companion and I are trying to make it a goal to always stay positive no matter how hard it can get. I couldn’t teach my investigator AT ALL because I got so frustrated with myself and not understanding anything he was saying.  It really is a humbling experience and I was reading in the scriptures that without being humble, you can’t have faith. I obviously cannot do this alone because all that I have learned is from the help of my Savior. Without Him I can do nothing here because it is His work.  Holy cow I have been learning a ton.  I am unfortunately not fluent in the language yet... but I am able to make complete sentences, sort of... haha.  It takes me a couple tries to get it right. But just for being here for 4 weeks and being at the level I am right now is incredible. One of the elders in our district took 2 semesters at college of Korean and he said that we are already pretty much at the level he was when he finished his 2 semesters. That’s super crazy to think about. I think of my blessings each day. It is hard trying not to compare myself to other missionaries, but I just have to think to myself that everyone is different, and the language will get easier and I will understand it! One fun fact, I have been jump-roping for gym time and it’s a good work out. I wish I could play soccer but not enough girls play so we can’t, but volleyball is fun! I have not gained any weight here thank goodness :) the food isn’t bad, people may bag on it, but you just gotta be creative with the food you can find! That’s always fun. I try to stay positive with everything I do, I don’t want to have lame memories of the MTC!  I have been writing in my journal every day, I hope you write in your journals too.  They help me reflect on my day.  Journals just make me so happy!  I love you and I am praying for you!!  Stay strong and of good courage!!!  I love you and be Christ-Like.  I love the story of Christ washing the feet of the apostles.  He truly was perfect in every way.  I look to Him for advice :)


Love Sister Wright

No comments:

Post a Comment