Sunday, January 5, 2014

He was the happiest I’ve ever seen him

Family!!!
Thank you for the lovely warm wishes and fun emails. I love hearing about your experiences back home and wish I could do them with you! Why is church backwards now>???? Thats fun! Our ward is super small. There’s a pic of all the chairs! Haha. 
This new years we had the baptism for our cute lil friend with the hampster! We made a board game for him so we made sure he knew all the answers to basic gospel principles. It was really good!  It’s just been hard for him this past year because he hasn’t been going to primary because he doesn’t understand any of it. He is
from a member family so he wasn’t our investigator, but we taught him a lot. Me and an elder sang a duet for the meeting! A Childs Prayer.  We were the only ones who knew it in English and it was prepared 10 min before the meeting... hahah.  I was super nervous, but I think it sounded good! and he understood what we were singing about so I think that make him happy.

After his baptism he was still kinda sad looking and wasn’t doing too much, so I decided to play some ping pong with him and he started to brighten up and I truly saw the Holy Ghost working within him.  He was the happiest I’ve ever seen him and was smiling so big and really was showing his true personality. He started winning and was doing victory dances!!! So cute! The ward members were really amazed and had never seen him so happy.  They’ve never seen him really smile! The rest of the day I made sure he was interacting and playing games and enjoying himself. That day was his big day!! I really do feel like I’m his older sister and helping him along this difficult time he’s going through. I’m glad I can be here for him, he is so special.
I’ve been reading this book this month it’s called the power of everyday missionaries, by Clayton Christenson. It is sooo good and I recommend it to everyone. It talks of member missionaries and the power that we can have!!!! So many good stories and experiences. I love you, talk to you soon!!!
Sister Wright









No comments:

Post a Comment