Tuesday, February 11, 2014

So... Gloria got permission to get baptized!!!

Familyyy!!

Thank you for the emails.  Sounds crazy over there right now in the ward!
 So many activitiessss!! Wow great opportunities to bring friends and share the gospel too! What a golden area for the missionaries to serve!!!! haha I got transferred!!! woooooaahhhh, I’m in San Bon  and its filled with huge apartment buildings everywhere! It’s more of a suburb. I was in the city before so it’s a little quieter. And the air quality is much better!! There’s lots of trees and good hiking areas I hear! My companion is great and so funny.  She’s Korean and went to BYU Hawaii for a little bit before coming here! She’s great at making me feel comfortable when we teach
so there’s not too much pressure!! It’s scary sometimes!! But the people here are so kind and ok with some of my language mistakes.  But I have seen that I’m getting a little bit m\better with the language. I think the stress in my last area caused me to flub up a lot... anyways, I like this new area and the ward is super nice and really faithful. It’s about the same size as my last area but they meet in the stake center which is huge!

They used to have a lot of members but people became inactive because a lot of people disagreed with the leadership of the ward. So that’s been really tough, but getting to know the less actives has been really amazing. They are so faithful and wonderful people; they just have a personal problem that is difficult for them to overcome. It is a trial, but our job is to help strengthen them and remind them that the Lord is on their side, trying to help them through their personal challenges.

So... Gloria got permission to get baptized!!! Soo happy for her, and she referred her 11 year old friend, so now they are teaching her too!! hahaha she’s adorable. And the last day I was in 강동 we got a call from a random lady and said she wanted to be baptized.. !!! So we met with her and taught her a lesson and she is set to be baptized on her birthday! April 5! Wow. What miracles. That area is flourishing and I’m glad to have left with much success. I went through a lot of personal challenges myself in that area. They seemed like they were soo impossible to escape and it was so hard to overcome, but I realize that the Lord was with me every step of the way, making sure that if I was about to fall, he would be right beside me to help pick me back up. Now after those experiences, I can help these less actives in my new area and share my experiences with them to help strengthen them and lift them up. I’m grateful for this work. Our lives are filled with little and big challenges, we just have to always remember the Lord.  I know that our challenges are to help us grow, and make us stronger, and I am grateful the Lord has put his trust in me. He trusts that I won’t give up!! This work is so good!
I want to see a picture of the missionaries in our ward! How fun!!!!! and pictures of the road show crew! Good luck!!


Sister Wright


My Friends

My companions Desk  Soo Bad

No comments:

Post a Comment