Sunday, February 23, 2014

I’m being completely serious!!!

Soooooo, this Saturday Gloria got baptized!!! I unfortunately wasn’t able to go; our ward here last minute asked us to help in their road show!!  I was kinda bummed, because it was my first investigator and we taught her everything, but I realized that I had a calling in this new ward and I need to help them. And I also thought about how Christ isn’t physically present at everyone else’s baptisms, and he’s the one everyone is getting baptized in the name of! So I can’t complain :) I was there in spirit while I was playing hand bells for the performance. We played “I feel my saviors love” and “called to serve” from the Children’s songbook. Its wasn’t bad, but we only practiced with them once because we were called the night before to play.  I think I messed up once, but I’ve gotten used to making tons of mistakes so it wasn’t too big of a deal ;)

We got a new investigator this week! It was a street contact from before I got here and we met with her and she told my companion her life story. A lot of people tell my companion their life story... on the street, in lessons, in fast food restaurants, we get it all! It’s so great that people are willing to open up and share their thoughts, it really builds our relationship.
This week I was reading in the teachings of Wilford Woodruff and I’m learning a lot. He was an all-star missionary and had unwavering faith. He had such a strong relationship with the lord and was always listening to the whisperings of the spirit. I want to gain that same relationship with our Heavenly Father. It talks about how the gift of the spirit is the greatest gift we can receive here and we need to constantly try to magnify that gift so that we can receive guidance and do exactly what  he wants us to do. I am praying every night to receive that guidance from the spirit. I want so badly to know what I should do, ask for guidance on what I should say, know how I can be better. It is one of the most special blessings and I want to receive the blessings of this gift. As a missionary we need physical strength and spiritual strength and this I know will help me with my spiritual strength.  I am doing some pull ups in the morning so that’s helping me with my physical strength too:)  Now that it’s getting warmer, we go out in the mornings to a park that has a track and we exercise there.  I love being able to run in the crisp morning air!!!
Remember the pioneer day run?? when I threw up my banana?  Yes, a similar occurrence happened this morning.  It was great!!!  haha I love working out my body and spirit!  It is soo exciting!  I'm being completely serious!!!  Have a good week, have fun with road show, send me pics!



Love Sister Wright


pics, I’m on the very end in the black and yellow, capo pride?? , some kids doing a cool scene, the youth sang with some missionaries







No comments:

Post a Comment