Tuesday, August 19, 2014

I want to share an experience I had last Monday. After our lesson with an investigator, we decided to knock on doors. It was something I haven’t done in a while and we were starting to get into the groove of it, but on one door, right as we introduced who we were, she was filled with anger and hate for who we were. It was so sad, I had to just stand there while she yelled in my face and I couldn’t bring myself to words. After we were told to leave, I was filled with such sadness. I just stood there as my most cherished sacred beliefs were being torn apart and I couldn’t do anything about it, and then I was being commanded to leave in the harshest tone I think anyone has ever spoken to me. I just wanted to say, "You don’t talk to me like that or anyone else!" I try to treat people how I would want to be treated and this was just so rude in my sight and I would hope that others do the same, but that wasn’t the case. I know that people have their agency and can do what they want with it, I just wish I could help them see what I see. I had an experience where I could feel only a little of what our Savior felt, and it was one of the saddest moments. I understand Christ’s sufferings a little more, and makes me want to try even harder for Him because He went through much worse things and stayed silent and didn’t go against the people who betrayed Him. As we were walking away, the thoughts of Satan popped up into my head thinking, ,"I hope she gets what she deserves for treating us so poorly," but then I IMMEDIATELY pushed those thoughts out of my head and thought, "she just doesn’t understand what she is doing" Satan has so much power and we cannot let him confuse us! I learned that after I let his thoughts come into my head. It was one of the most humbling experiences I’ve had, and I pray for her in my heart and in my prayers at night. I just wish people could understand. I see the world getting worse and there is more confusion than understanding in the world today. That is why we are here as missionaries and I am trying to bring others unto understanding. I know as we understand more and more we will be able to feel God's love and that is what the world needs. I am grateful for my challenges because I learn so much from them and I know that they come from God helping me learn and grow and progress as His daughter.

This started with a difficult moment, but ended in a sweet miracle. We were walking down a street and I saw a man smoking and drinking with his friend. I didn’t want to disclude this man in the Good News and introduced myself. Lo and behold, his friend is from Australia and speaks perfect English and we struck up a conversation about who we were and what we are doing. He told us that he’s met the missionaries before in Australia many times and he wonders why they come to him of all people, “is it something about my face or how I look??" he says. Ha-ha well maybe!! Perhaps it’s the light of Christ!! We talked deeply about the gospel and he had deep questions.  (I was glad to have deep discussions with my last companion or else I wouldn’t have been able to answer his questions!)  He was gracious and super nice because he was honestly curiously trying to find truth.  He even read the Book of Mormon before.  I can’t even express the experience in full detail, it was just so spectacular! His name was Matthew. He said God works in mysterious ways and if it’s meant to be and we meet again, we will sit down and have a long discussion. He has our number. But for now it’s a lot of prayers on our end and God's will if it is meant to be to meet him again. I have hope! It is not a lost cause! I know you are probably thinking, “this is a Best Two Years moment and she has no chance!" BUT I BELEIVE!!!! Faith is knowing Matthew will meet the missionaries again!!!

On other news, for p-day we went tandem bike riding in a really big park!
It was so fun and so hard. We got fed famous neng miong! It is delicious cold noodles; moor eng miong is the one with the ice!! Its sooo good! We have 2 new investigators that are great. We are becoming great English teachers... man it is hard sometimes, but we are beginning to understand how to teach better... it’s hard! My companion is a champ and I bow down to her because she cleans the bathrooms like a pro, (pic) she is washing nasty drains in the toilet!! Hahaha she’s insane and I am having such good laughs with her. I did insanity this morning... so hard. I had an exchange and got bitten by mosquitoes 18 times on each leg... I couldn’t sleep one night because it itched so badly. So I prayed that the pain would go away, and as I went back to sleep, they didn’t itch!! Miracle!!! We talked to Dawn last week about patriarchal blessings and she is getting it next week! She is super excited and she is so much happier! She’s the best! If any of you going to BYU see her there say a HUGE HELLO!!!!!!

Have a good week, talk to you next time!!

Sister Wright

The biggest mondu/dumpling thing
Japanese drink! Super fun

Ramen and mondu






No comments:

Post a Comment