Sunday, August 24, 2014

I will be greenie breaking again!

Big news!!! Sister Holmes is leaving me!!! We were only together for one transfer, and this transfer was only 5 weeks, barely a month! I will miss her; she is the best and so fun to be around. We loved serving together, but we see that this has to happen. I will be getting my new companion sister Holdaway.  I will be greenie breaking again!  Fun stuff! Apparently her parents both served in Korea! I am excited! 

This week was sad because all our appointments cancelled except one, but the miracle was that we had member appointments almost every day of the week! It is so fun being able to get to know the ward and know their needs and help them come closer to the Lord as well, not only our investigators, whether it be help them have family  scripture study, or prayer, or even happily doing scripture study. I know I wasn’t the best at it when I was home, but now I know how much it has blessed me in the knowledge of the scriptures, but also in helping the family grow together. I bought a new book of Mormon and started diving into it and marking it with different tabs, colors, and sticky notes. Reading the Book of Mormon is so fun! I look forward to reading every personal study and any other chance that I get. It even cuts into my journal time writing at night sometimes! Not good, but even though I read maybe 2 chapters at a time, I learn soooo much more if I just "read it". You can make it Fun! I cherish my Book of Mormon, I catch myself just wanting to read it on the street, but I can't because I have to be talking to people about it!  Struggles of a missionary! ha-ha. 

We had a fun experience hiking with our investigator that I met on the subway, sister Lee, and we talked in the gazebo and we had a lesson, sang hymns such as high on a mountain top and where can I turn for peace. It was so peaceful and the spirit was there, but she seemed to not want to listen to us and get distracted. It is hard to help people, the people who yell at us and the people we peacefully teach because no matter what, they use their agency and in the end we can’t force them to do anything they don’t want to do. And we can’t help if they don’t want our help. We try and bring the spirit to their hearts, and it is their decision to take it in let it change them.

A fun experience happened with a lady yesterday, she came from a hospital, the hospitals let the people kind of wander on the streets and it’s kind of scary, zombie like looking things... anyways, a lady took us aside by a grate of onions and prayed for us and our missionary work after we talked to her for a little while. (We are in public FYI) ha-ha and it was a very sweet prayer and blessed us but was a bit bizarre... ha-ha we left her with a pamphlet, talked to her about Christ. She seemed a bit off but she was okay:) She really liked us, if only everyone would like us and pray for us on the street! The world would definitely be a different place! I know the Book of Mormon is true!!!!!! We are still looking for Matthew.

Love you!!!

Sister Wright






Scary gas truck that prowls the streets at night.. blowing scary gas

Dawn is going to BYU

No comments:

Post a Comment