Sunday, August 31, 2014

I am sooo happy, but I am always looking to be better! I love it here.

So I received my new companion!! Sister Holdaway is great and we are laughing all the time!! Ha-ha she is from Maryland! But she also lived all over like Santa Monica California and Germany and Oklahoma! She is fantastic and we feed off each other real well. The ward loves her and the crazy English class members love her as well! I felt bad because right when she came to 뢀평 (bupyeong) all our seekers of truth dropped us... so sad and so unexpected. So we had to just go out and take it and focus on the fact the God has other people prepared for us to teach! Well a miracle happened; we got a referral form a member for 2 teenage girls. I don’t think I’ve felt more comfortable teaching with sister Holdaway than with any other companion. She knows what she needs to say and she can say it in Korean and we worked in perfect unity! It was such a blessing and it made the lesson so beautiful and filled with the spirit. The girls opened up with a challenge that their father is always busy and never get to see him. I felt the love they have for their family and they have such great hearts. I just want to help them so much!!!! 

Last week for p-day I went back to my old area and talked with 2 of my greatest friend investigators! I shared a message with one of them that is moving to California. She says she wants to be baptized but she doesn’t have that confirmation that God exists because she never grew up believing in Him. It was such a sweet experience as we shared thoughts and our love to want each others happiness. Ahh I love her!!!

I read PMG today, I read in the second part “effective study" where it talks about "as you gain experience you will want to deepen your knowledge and enhance your teaching ability". These past couple of transfers I have felt like that and I really have seen a change in my knowledge and wanting to know more.  I’m so curious and I find answers in the scriptures, and as I gain experience and knowledge in the field, I want to enhance my teaching ability. There is always something I can improve on. Just like our mission president said, “happy but not satisfied" I kind of feel like that. I am sooo happy, but I am always looking to be better! I love it here.

There’s a thanksgiving type holiday for Korea in 2 weeks called chusok (μ΄ˆμ„) and we are doing a talent show! The bupyeong district will be performing a musical! Hahaha it’s going to be super short but super great!! We are practicing for it today. Dance moves are allowed so we gotta help the elders with their dancing!! Ha-ha

Sister Holdaway has been in several musicals and she’s super good! We plan to go to Broadway together...hahaha ^^

Love you!!

Sister Wright 

Look what I found on the street!!!


Investigator friend

A wooden Egg

Look at this Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment