Sunday, November 2, 2014

I got the package!  We had a zone training and I got it on Halloween!!! Super cool! Thank you for Mike Wazowski and everything!!!!! So cute.

So I'll start with last p-day... Sister Moyer needed to dye her hair, but they messed up so she had to dye her hair brown... so that’s the big change with her!! She looks great, it represents a new look, change and start new!

This week we did street boarding and talked to lots of different people. It got sister Moyer out of her comfort zone and she didn’t have to rely on me to talk to people. She’s doing really great; I’m giving her full responsibility to find homes and leading discussions. We are to train to where after their 12 weeks of training, they’d be able to train, so its pushing her, but she’s taking each challenge graciously and doing a great job:) I’m so proud of her!! She really wanted to go door to door proselyting, which I wasn’t too fond of, (and there’s more effective ways of contacting) but I accepted and it was good, I think I personally needed that push to not be afraid, even though I don’t like talking to people who get angry at me.  I guess I just have to face the fact that not everyone is going to be nice.  I just need to stand up for myself and be the disciple that Christ needs me to be!! (Bible dictionary: fear)

Besides that, we had Halloween parties! English class themed party with Halloween bingo, pin the bone on the skeleton, described English Halloween idioms! It was super fun. We used marshmallows as markers for bingo but they ate them all instead! Ha-ha we have the best 80 year old man in our English class!
Saturday the ward asked us to come to a picnic at this huge park. Fall is beautiful and the ward had a lot of fun together. The ward seems to be a lot better, happier and happy with our work with investigators. Bishop is happier than any one has ever seen him!

After the picnic, the other ward had a Halloween party and we invited our two Kim sisters!! They loved it. Our member who is the same age took them around and took care of them as we worked the booths! It was perfect. They had so much fun. The week before, they promised to fast and come to church. We were sad but they weren’t able to come to church again... but they texted us and said that even though they couldn’t come, they were fasting. These sisters are coming closer and closer to their savior and I can see the joy and happiness in their faces! Not to mention, the missionaries put on a great Halloween party! Decorations and everything were perfect. So that leads me into what is going to happen in November. Our ward mission leader heard how great the Halloween party was... so now we are planning a thanksgiving party! In two weeks! Ahhhhh crazy! The ward mission leader was like" who’s going to be in charge of food??.... and kept repeating it while looking at me the whole time... hahaha I was finally like "ok,
I will!! I will!" ha-ha he’s the funniest member.  So I guess I’m in charge of thanksgiving this year, for the ward. I’m walking in your footsteps mom! Maybe this year’s thanksgiving party will be better than last years.... Sister Moyer is providing the music (she is singing and playing the guitar) and I’m in charge of teaching some dance routines!! Maybe some hoedowns! Ha-ha we might be going to Costco to see what kind of food to buy! It’s super hilarious that this is happening, but it’s going to be fun and a great service opportunity for the ward. We are going to make invitations for the ward members to give to their friends to invite. We are in charge of inviting 30 non members and investigators as well. I think we can do it. A lot of our friends from English class came to the Halloween party.

This week, study time has been very precious to me; I’ve been trying to find a good way I can keep studying effectively because recently it hasn’t been as effective. I had companions that read super fast and I just felt so dumb because I read so slowly, and that made me just want to "get through" the Book of Mormon. But I can’t do that, I've not been effective, so now I’m to focus studies and it’s really helped me as I relate my experiences that past week with what I’m learning. Today I thought about how people with strong faith are like strong trees. I want to grow to be a Redwood tree! I wrote in my journal “GROW BIG!" ha-ha I guess I am spiritually and physically! Aha just kidding. It’s been a great week!


Sister Wright

Fall is Beutiful!!





English Class



Halloween Party... So many people!!


No comments:

Post a Comment