Sunday, November 30, 2014

The first day of December and it welcomed us with a beautiful snow flurry! It was just like typhoon season but with snow! One thing I really love and am grateful to experience is Korea's 4 seasons! It is always keeping me on my feet! The thanksgiving party is over and we got back into our regular missionary activities. The party really got us excited and it feels good getting back into visiting people and teaching more lessons. The Kim sisters are progressing and trying their best to prepare for baptism. The oldest sister said she thinks she can go without coffee now. It’s more of a mental idea, not much of an addiction. Did I tell you last week how she said she drank coffee and we asked how she felt when she did?  She expressed that while she was drinking it she was thinking "I’m not supposed to be doing this!!" We got a good laugh out of it and we asked if she prayed and she said "yes, to repent for coffee...” They are so cute and I’m appreciative for them trying to be better, and even though she made a mistake, she knew she could repent! I love them so much, just like my sisters. 

We got new elders this week! So now we have 4 elders and us 2 sisters. 6 missionaries in a ward of 30 members!! It’s a bit crowded... haha but I think we will be able to help this area blossom and grow with everyone helping out. We have another greenie in the area and the recent Assistant to the President for his last 3 months! The ward is excited for the new faces and also the excitement from how many people came to the thanksgiving party. They really want to help out with missionary work. 

This week I focused my studies on diligence. I always thought of diligence and how we need to work hard, and do our best, but didn’t study it much. As I read the scriptures I realize it’s everywhere in the scriptures and it really opened my eyes that I can’t pass it by as a I read and how I have to apply it and always try to work hard at being diligent! It’s caused me not to be relaxed in my thinking but always thinking in a diligent way. "Who needs our help right now, what can I be doing that would benefit others." Diligence is not just my hands and body moving around and trying to do things, but internally my mind is working diligently as well. It has made a difference in this work as Sister Moyer and I serve together and work on being diligent. 

I was reading in Mosiah this week about King Benjamin. He says he is serving others so shouldn’t you be serving others too? We will always be in debt to Him. Missionaries that come home did amazing work but everyone is still in debt. It made me want to sacrifice some things for my Heavenly Father. Right now as a missionary, I’m sacrificing my time, but I know that is not enough. I want to sacrifice more of my love for myself and give it to others, I want to sacrifice some of my personal goals and help others accomplish theirs, etc. 

I know the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored back on the Earth. Through no other church can I come closer to my Heavenly Father. Only through these covenants and ordinances in the restored church can we come this close to Him. 


Sister Wright

 I sleep with Mike Wazowski every night!!! 


spaceship playground

No comments:

Post a Comment