Sunday, February 1, 2015

He ripped off the head off the Holy Ghost last week... yikes.

This week has been packed! We went to the temple! While on the bus to the temple, I thought about going to the Korean session (usually the foreigners go to the English session). I hadn’t thought about going before but I felt that it would be good. We got to the temple and I asked my companion if we could go and she agreed. Well, when we went, I saw a member of one of my recent areas who id heard hadn’t been coming to all of church sometimes & been wavering in faith. She’s about 70yrs. old. She’s the member who always braided my hair at church! When we saw each other, our jaws dropped and gave each other a huge hug! It was amazing! I actually got to sit with her too in the temple. It was meant to be! It was a really special experience. I felt so looked after being with her. I feel that that was what was needed to happen. We were able to strengthen each other and experience the joy of seeing a family member (every ward I serve in is my family):) While sitting with her, I received personal guidance that I need to "serve those around me". I can’t do everything as a missionary, but my calling is to lift others and the only way I can start is by helping those around me. I know that we can receive personal revelation if we seek it and if we are listening. I knew I wouldn’t have experienced that moment if I hadn’t chosen to go to the Korean session. 

This week we taught Jackson! He’s a nightmare! (In a good way)!!! We make all these games for him and this week we are making a board game for him, but every time he hates it! He ripped off the head off the Holy Ghost last week... yikes. But as we played one of the games, he opened up to us and his mother that he'd been having a hard time at school and a certain boy wasn’t being nice to him. It was a sad moment because no one should go through those times, especially when we are all supposed to experience happiness! I just want the best for him!! One thing that makes missionary work so hard is that I can’t love everyone! I wish I had all the love in the world to share with all those I come into contact with! I just want them to know that I care!!!
I’m not perfect, but I want to be, and that's what drives me to be better. 
Love 

Sister Wright






No comments:

Post a Comment