Monday, February 9, 2015

Plan of Salvation, Mario style!!

So you know about Jackson, the 8 year old boy we teach?? He actually
listened and didn’t yell or run away from us! Do you know how we did it?? Plan of Salvation, Mario style!! (See pics) He was so interested in how to play the game and we told him in order to start the game, you needed a body! So once the world was unlocked, you could start the game. If you overcome the mushrooms and obstacles, you can travel to the next level! When you win the game you get to go to the Celestial Kingdom!! I didn’t draw the pictures, it was form a previous missionary who used their talents in the most miraculous way. Sarah, his mom was very impressed that he actually sat down and listened to what we told him. It had a little bit more of depth to it but that’s the gist! Miracles! We also made a Dino-Quest board game for him! The prize was a cool dinosaur puzzle inside an egg we found 
at a shop by our house. We taught family history through that game and each turn you had to pick a card and fill out an interesting fact about your family. So he actually did family history! Cool stuff. Yesterday, we brought lunch with us at church because we wanted to go out right after instead of go back home and waste that time. we started making ramen in a rice cooker and all these people came up and saw what we had and asked for some, and we offered some, so we sacrificed our lunch yesterday. It was pretty funny. The elders are teaching a guy who started living on his own at 17 and invests in stocks and made a wrap about the book of Mormon... and he’s a protégé at piano and guitar... what! He is insane! 


This week, a lady we teach asked me if I accomplished my goal as a missionary, if I felt I was successful in what I came out here to do. It took me by surprise and I thought a bit and answered proudly, "yes, I’ve served others, brought people closer to Christ, taught and preached the gospel and loved. I taught people of the plan they can follow to return back to their Heavenly Father and live eternally" When I replied, I felt the Holy Ghost testify to me that what I had replied was true and confirmed my response. This week, I noticed during my personal study that the most successful, honored missionary on this earth, Jesus Christ, hadn’t baptized anyone. His goal wasn’t baptisms, it was helping, serving, teaching, preaching, uplifting and bringing people unto repentance so they can return back to their Heavenly Father. Our goal isn’t baptisms, it is bringing people unto Him to learn from Him himself. I know that that is true!

I end in the words of a struggling mother, wife, and member of the church that we met last night who lived in Paraguay for 21 years 
" Life isn’t easy, but vale la pena"(its worth it!!!:))


Sister Wright















No comments:

Post a Comment