Sunday, February 15, 2015

Transfer Calls! I’m always so nervous when they come! Drumroll please... For my last transfer I will be with Sister Mineer! She is from Parowan Utah. She actually was companions with Sister Nebeker and Sister Holmes in the MTC. I talked to Sister Mineer last night and she reminded me that ill have been with all three of them for only one transfer each! How interesting. Besides that, she clogs! I really enjoyed the transfer I had with sister Nebeker. It was a challenge at times, but I learned a lot about myself and about her all at once. We worked things out together, not that there were any big problems, just some little ruts in the road that made things a little bit more rocky than maybe other roads I’ve travelled on, but it was a fun one! I definitely was crazy with her, more so than with others. I think we may have had a real sister relationship bond at times! I’m grateful for my companion! She is so sweet and loves so many people!

This week we did a practice lesson with a member to help us do missionary work and involve them in missionary work as well. After the lesson we'd usually invite them to think of a friend that was similar with the investigator that they role played as and help them be a better member missionary. Well when we met with this member, she wanted to play a person she wanted to play, not the investigator we were practicing for. This took us through a loop, but we accepted and went along with it. After the lesson, she told us that who she was playing was herself and the questions/concerns/challenges she may have included were her own. Wow. We were actually role playing a lesson for her personally! It was a real interesting experience and great learning opportunity, and a way to help a member of the church strengthen her weaknesses.

This week the church kitchen flooded (on the second floor) yikes! It was a big mess so we helped clean it up with a spring water ladle, snow shovels, and mops. It was a sight to behold!

Taught Jackson! He stayed silent the whole time during the prayer, no fighting against it at all. It was amazing, it may have helped that he was a little bit sick....

The talk How to Be a Preach My Gospel Missionary by Elder Bednar saved my life this week. I recommend you to read it!

새해 많이 받으세요!!!! Happy New Year!!!(On the lunar calendar!) It’s a big holiday here. We will have two conferences on Thurs and Friday because Korea will be a ghost town and no one to talk to on those days! LET’S EAT SOME 떡국!!!(dok gook) traditional rice cake soup.
Love you!


Sister Wright






No comments:

Post a Comment