Sunday, November 10, 2013

Oh how memorable that trip was!

Nov 2 Snail mail 


Family,

I would just like to say I love you all!  This week is super crazy.  Teaching investigators, packing, going to Dr. appts every day, going to all different departure meetings, but I’m getting a lot done.  Today actually we taught our investigator about repentance and keeping commandments and how he’d be forgiven and more and more.  My companion was really amazed b/c I just kept coming up w/things to say that needed to be said.  Usually I’m stuttering like a fool!! Haha.  It was an answer to my prayers.  My faith and the Holy Ghost are key to everything & hard work.  It’s just been hard sometimes b/c I felt that I’m the slowest learner, but I’ve learned to accept it and try to work harder,  and the harder I work the more I will grow! 

I have not gained any weight!  Aren’t you proud!?  I feel like all I do is eat and sit though!  Maybe if you are all good, you can have a “chance” card from monopoly and I’ll send you some cool stuff from Seoul.  Maybe I’ll find some cool technology for Remy!  That would be awesome!  You all deserve a nice gift from across the sea!  You are all working so hard and being so nice to me and others as well. 

You might be getting this while I’m travelling to my destination.  We will be so far away, but close in spirit and prayers.  I ‘m getting really excited.  I just need to keep my momentum up the whole time I’m there!  I can’t forget that!  Remind me so I never forget!  I will for sure let you know what area I’m in and who my companion is.  I hope I’ll be able to send lots of snail mail to you just like I have been!  I know it’s going to be crazy but family is important too!  Sorry in advance; an email might be the only thing and then a snail mail every once in a while.  I love you!  You are the best family anyone could have.  You have taught me so much and helped me to understand how to be obedient and a hard worker.  Thanks for pushing me to be better!

Loves and Hugs XOXOXO  Sister Riley Wright

Say hi to everyone for me, I hope everyone is doing well.
I’m scared I’ll crush the Korean’s hands w/my firm handshake!!  I’ll save my handshakes for the Giles family;)

Nov 3, 2013, snail mail before leaving MTC

PS.  Momma, your fun missionary family party sounds so fun!!  I wish I sould be there to taste all the food.  Who are all the families that are attending?  Mmmmm, food sounds so good!  The MTC food is getting a bit old… haha, but not too bad.  I can’t wait to eat some Korean food!  Everyone that I’ve talked to that has been over there says the food is AMAZING!  Maybe I can figure out how to make it and send you recipes!  I’m also excited to cook again.  Fired rice and stir fry and chow mein!  And they will definitely have all the ingredients I’ll need!  Thanks for teaching me how to cook.  I’d be lost without it.  When I get back I want to learn how to make soufflés.. better late than never right?! 
Daddy I think it’s awesome you went for a morning session at the temple.  I feel like the morning sunshine just makes everything so much prettier and better.  I love the temple so much.  As a missionary I’ve been able to experience some really powerful things in the temple.  The spirit is so strong at times, not all the time, but when it does I realize it.  In the past it has been hard for me to notice the spirit or really feel anything.  But the Lord works with each of us in different ways and I’ve come to accept it.  I’m grateful for the moments that I’ve had. 

Remy!  I miss you like crazy!  I saw that picture of when you went on that hike and you wrote in the hikers notebook at the top of the mountain and you said “I’m Remy Wright & I’m an ASIAN!”  Haha.  I loved that.  Maybe when I get back we can go on a hike or go backpacking and we can write our names in the notebook at the top of the mountain!  
Note that Remy wrote

Top of the mountain
What made that backpacking trip in the Tetons so memorable was all the unfortunate things that happened.  I’m grateful for that because now I remember that family trip so well!!  The craziest, longest first hike into camp, Remy getting sick, snow, mom and dad having leg problems, gross curry dinner…Ha ha..Bear encounters, watching bears eat Huckleberries in our camp!  Oh how memorable that trip was!  Thank you family for your wonderful examples to me.  I love you! 

 Watch Monster’s University for me again!  I love Mike Wazouski!  I think that is my favorite movie.

PPS Thanks for all the packages!  I feel so loved.  You are the best!  The cookies have been so delicious and I miss all the baking and deserts!  Thank you for your love and support and love you’ve shown to me.  You make me smile all the time!!!  I love stickers as well!!!  Haha. They brighten my mood.

PPPS  I secretly cast Harry Potter spells at people…Its really fun…  Anyways, Love You!  Talk to you soon.

Love Sister Riley Wright






Tetons trip Ricey tying Remy's shoe



One of many snow flurries
Ricey & Remy 2nd morning
Gross Curry Dinner
Ricey & Remy 
Grand Teton in Background
Taking a break during long 1st day
Our Group 1st day on the Teton hike

No comments:

Post a Comment