Sunday, November 17, 2013

they talk so fast and I can’t even catch one word they say!!!!!

So, this week has been one of the craziest.  Opening an area has its challenges to say the least, but it is getting better and we have an investigator to teach tomorrow!  It was scheduled when I go on exchanges with the sister training leader, so that’s a big huge bummer:/, but I will hopefully be able to teach her Thursday.  Her name is Sunny!  I love that a lot of Koreans have English names!  It makes it soo much easier for me. We've been making a lot of our goals and my companion says that I am a blessing to her!  Wow, that’s a compliment.  Maybe there wasn’t as much success in her last area. But honestly, I get so lost in the land of Korea sometimes!!!  People look at me like I’m crazy for even speaking to them.  I just focus on the nice ones, they’re the ones prepared for us anyways right??  It’s hard to bond with some of the ward members especially when they talk so fast and I can’t even catch one word they say!!!!!  I get along with the youth and younger adults, they help me with Korean and they are so cute! 

We had English class for service and it was amazing!  I felt like I could be the real me and talk to them in normal English!!!! yayy!  They are so nice and took us out for hot chocolate afterwards!  I placed my first Book of Mormon last week!!! It was amazing and I did it all by myself:)

I made fried rice today:) Thank you family for teaching me how to cook :)))) it is nice to have a homemade meal that I’m used to.  Chinese food here is not Chinese.... hahaha people ask me what my favorite food is and I can’t say Chinese because it’s just not the sameeee!!!!

We watched a broadcast for stake conference yesterday and they talked all about not shutting the door of your heart to your family and they talked all about the importance of families and unity, I really enjoyed it and related it to missionary work and how I can help my brothers and sisters of Korea to come home and feel the love that we and our heavenly father have for them. We have an amazing message and I try to be more Christ like every day and be the best person I can be.  I love you!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you for everything!
p.s. Tell Annie good luck for meee!!! She will do great!!!


Sister Wright



No comments:

Post a Comment