Sunday, March 2, 2014

When we have faith, we see

Hi momma and pappa!

How are you?? This week was kind of slow with not having too many lessons, and just trying to proselyte on the street, its hard trying to find people who want to hear our message in this area because everywhere we look there’s so many churches. And everyone is kind of tired of people trying to get people to come to their church. But our message is different!! We have the Book of Mormon, Revelation! But people think we’re crazy, which we are. Crazy with love for others! At first it wasn’t too hard trying to talk to people because I didn’t really know what they were saying, I  just said all that I knew and thought they liked what I said... but now that I’m kind of understanding, ahh its so discouraging. These people are very straight forward with their thoughts and aren’t afraid to say it!! But my companion is very sweet and keeps me motivated to not give up. We can’t get discouraged even though one person rejected us because there are so many others that want to hear what we have to say! 
We were teaching a girl named Hana and we were talking about faith and I shared a scripture in Ether and we talked about what it meant or how she felt about it. I started saying, "when we have faith".. and she replied, "then we see". When she said that, it was just so simple and so profound.  I don’t know maybe I’m just weird but it totally is true. I thought of the story of the Brother of Jared and how he had faith that the Lord could make the stones bright and because he had that faith, he SAW. I loved that. When we have faith, we see. When we trust in the Lord and have faith, we see what He needs us to do; he shows us the path we need to take. As a missionary he puts in my mind what I need to say, where I need to go, he shows me so many things in so many ways.  It’s a blessing and its all about our faith and putting trust in our faith, knowing that he will show us what we need to see. I was reading this morning Wilford Woodruffs divine book and it talks about reading the scriptures with the same spirit that was used to write them or create them. I’m trying to be better at studying the scriptures better so that I can have that same spirit so when I read and study, the Lord will show me what I need to learn and ponder about and understand.  It’s a process...but I’m working at it :)) love you



Sister Wright

Badminton Last week 

Cart Cover to protect from pollution

Korean Card I made



No comments:

Post a Comment