Sunday, March 23, 2014

I’m the chocolate monster!

Family!!!

Autum Griffen sent Ricey a B-day package from Japan
 Thank you for everything!! I got my birthday package! Holy cow it was a chocolate monster!! haha In the MTC I was the cookie monster, and now I’m the chocolate monster! Haha. All I can think of is SpongeBob and the screaming man screaming Chocolate!!!!!!! hahaha sorry for the tangent.

Onward. This week, was kind of slow, we have our investigator that is trying to find the truth. I have realized that the more I prepare a lesson, the worse I am.. I don’t know why that is happening. Maybe because when I don’t over prepare, when I teach I rely on the spirit to teach and not "me". It reminds me every time when I give a choppy lesson that I need to seek help and not rely on myself. It is a humbling experience, but also kind of weird, because they always say the more you prepare the better you are.. so maybe this is a special situation.....

This morning in my personal study, I was studying in Jacob chapter 7 of the Book of Mormon and it talks about "not my will but thy will" and I decided to study that out in the bible where in Luke when Christ was suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane and he said remove this cup from me, but let it be thy will. Even if we are going through hard times and we pray about it and ask Heavenly father to help fix our problems, we also have to be willing to trust God and let these things happen because it may be the will of our Father. We don’t know why, but we can trust and when we trust in Him, that is when the blessings come. I have really been able to come closer to Christ through my personal study. It is precious time and being able to search the scriptures is a pleasure!! It is nice to be able to understand things more fully as I read the scriptures, and then apply them to my life.

The area I’m serving in right now is a bit interesting with a lot of churches and lots of missionaries of other faiths around, and to me, they are a bit pushy and give no room for understanding. They just push their doctine on us... One this morning came to our house proselyting and talked about how Heavenly Mother is in Korea. Slightly confused..but we’re working with it and trying to gain relationships with people.

This week we had a relief society activity and we did Korean sign language! Fun, but kinda hard. I looked like a fool up there! That’s all I have this week. It’s fun trying to get to know the members of our ward when I can’t really understand what they’re saying back to my questions! hahaha its going great :)))


Sister Wright

The Chocolate Monster is Inside.  Run SpongeBob!



I relieve my stress by writing in memory books

No comments:

Post a Comment