Sunday, March 16, 2014

"worth every sacrifice"

Happy st patricks day!!

They don’t celebrate over here.. I gave my companion a pot o gold, but.. it was kinda weird... anyways... this week has been great. Our investigator is trying to stop drinking coffee and she’s so willing to do the right thing. She wants us to visit her at work every day because she loves seeing us and we stop by occasionally to see how she’s doing.
 
It was my companions birthday this week so we went to a sushi restaurant.. I ate some scary things. And my companion loves dog meat.. :( poor pet!!! but I haven’t eaten it so it’s all ok :)

Last night, we ate dinner at a members house and she invited some teenagers over who are orphans and they were such great people! Really sweet and ready to have fun! haha I was able to practice teaching a lesson to one of them and it was super fun and it didn’t feel like I was practicing at all, I really gave a lesson to her, and she wants to do it again! I will \give the second lesson next time!!  Missionary work doesn’t have to be hard, it can be soo fun if you make it fun. Yeah there are some hard times, like trying to talk to people on the street for hours and your feet hurt and people don’t want to talk to us cause we’re weird... but there are so many creative ways we can share the gospel that makes it such an enjoyable experience. Bringing people to sports activities! woo love sports.  Last week we played basketball and the week before we played soccer with some new members and investigators. Super fun and it helps people realize we are normal people!! If people only give us a chance! Haha.

This morning I was reading in Wilford Woodruffs teachings and it talks about how people will hear the gospel in the afterlife if they weren’t able to receive that teaching on earth. And then I thought about who is going to be doing that teaching, (us); The people who know and live this gospel. What an important role we play in teaching the gospel. And then I thought about how important it is to start practicing now, to start teaching people what we know to be true. We need to remember to be everyday missionaries because we are here on the earth practicing what we are doing after this life! Brad Wilcox said, "we are not earning heaven, we are learning heaven" It’s easier to gain experience on the earth while we have the time, so why not start now so it won’t be as difficult for us if we hadn’t done it before? Missionary work is life, being an everyday missionary is a blessing and is "worth every sacrifice"(w. woodruff) Not just for people on the earth but also for our family that has passed on. It’s everywhere! It’s easier said than done.. But maybe just starting out with being a good example and example of Christ and then go from there, working with the missionaries is the next best thing I think! ahaha its easier saying all this while I’m a missionary because I’m not bombarded with the craziness of work and school and other things, but I hope that when I return home, I will be able to be an everyday missionary and do my best to help others receive the blessings I have received because of Christ and His gospel.

I love you and I hope everything is going well back home :)



Sister Wright

I took my companion to B/R for her B-day

The Park where we work out

The smoothy mess while I was on exchange









No comments:

Post a Comment