Sunday, December 1, 2013

Public Bath--Hmm idk if I'll do that again..

Hellooooo famm!

Sooo... guess what I did this morning... my companion really wanted to go to the public bath. So, I had to go along with her. Holy cow was that a different experience.  uhhhhhh hahahaha I think I was in another world. And my companion ditched me so I didn’t know what to do!  But then again it’s not like I would have wanted her or me to be hovering around each other.  Hmmm idk if I’ll do that again.. hahahahaha maybe.

Street contacting
So anyways... this week we had thanksgiving at our mission president’s house and enjoyed good American style food! They don’t have turkeys here though... so that’s kinda weird. We had chicken instead. After we ate though, my stomach felt really funny.  I’m getting used to the Korean food and my body can’t handle the differences!  haha its not that bad though. We had our thanksgiving party the other day, 29 people came!! yayyy ahaha the ward isn’t too involved in things so we’re working on that. Thanksgiving, we went and tried to find less actives later at night, it was freezing. And it’s impossible to find people out here in the city, the houses are on top of each other and all over the place and their addresses aren’t on the houses and it’s a pain. And most people around here move a lot. I met someone on the bus though, she was so nice. She knew I didn’t speak Korean, but offered me here earphone for music! It was the nicest thing ever!! hahaha I wanted to take it but I couldn’t. I then dropped my name tag and she helped me find it on the bus.  It was in the depths of nowhere but we got it. hahaha sorry I’m rambling, but it is sooo relieving to meet someone who is just genuinely nice. And because everyone else I talk to doesn’t want anything to do with us missionaries.. hahaha I’m just sensitive to these small little things. I really have been trying to focus on the little things, whether it be the things that I do that have bugged my companion, or the little things that have helped my testimony grow more and more, or the little things that can lift my spirits like the cute girl on the bus. Small and simple things are great things brought to pass right???  It is sooo true. Just a little smile can make someone’s day, or talking to someone about nothing and laughing about it. I think I speak gibberish. No one understands me, but being able to laugh about it makes all the difference.  The time when I would see dad reading his book of Mormon everyday has influenced me sooo much.  Or those times when mom would be spend so much time on a talk or a lesson and that preparation made all the difference. Just having that example has helped me want to be better. Those are the little things.  I’m soo appreciative for all those little things that have helped me want to become the person I strive to be!! :)  Thank you!! lovessssssss

p.s. Korean fruit is amazinggggggg and I’m getting a little more used to the kimchi.. Slowly but surely. Maybe once I start liking the kimchi is when I'll understand the language....!! hopeeee


Sister Riley Wright

Random Picture.  Maybe this is her apt. building

Probably something for ward activity



No comments:

Post a Comment